Please join Feminism and Faith in Union: Washington DC
When: Sunday, January 21, 10:30am ET.
(see event schedule below)
Where: Georgetown — Go to 35th and Volta Place, NW, Washington DC (you will be directed) followed by Mass at
Holy Trinity Catholic Church Washington, DC. (parking is available on the campus of Georgetown Visitation for those attending 11:30 Mass at Holy Trinity)
Join author Alice McDermott and others on Sunday, January 21 at 10:45 am at Georgetown — 35th and Volta Place, NW — to pray for the increase and recognition of women’s spiritual leadership in the Church, followed by a procession to Holy Trinity Church in Georgetown where Rev. Paul Campbell, SJ will welcome and recognize our group at the 11:30 am Mass.
Everyone is invited to attend.
Women serve the Church in many ways—as teachers and scholars in Catholic educational institutions, as health care providers in Catholic health systems, as lay ministers in parishes and dioceses across the country, as mothers helping to form the next generation in the Catholic faith, and in many other ways. On Sunday January 21, women and men will pray together that women’s voices and presence no longer be muted or missing in church governance, preaching and the sacramental ministries.
Please feel free to bring a respectful sign to the 10:30 am prayer gathering. We ask that any sign be left outside of the sanctuary during Mass.
Please join us. Sunday, January 21, 10:30am ET. Georgetown campus
Schedule for DC Event
• gather at 35th St and Volta Place, NW to be directed to Prayer Service (parking available on the campus of Georgetown Visitation high school for those attending 11:30 Mass at Holy Trinity)
• Prayer, scripture and song, with a special reflection by author Alice McDermott
• Begin Procession to Holy Trinity Catholic Church
• All enter and are welcomed at Holy Trinity Catholic Church11:30 am
- Mass celebrated by Rev. Paul Campbell, SJ. Lift your voices!
For more information contact Liz McCloskey: TheWomenWhoStayedDC@gmail.com